"Memories are like a patchwork quilt...each section is sewn together, to be wrapped around us for comfort and warmth in the years to come."

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Latest projects




OK, it's been awhile since I've posted, what can I say, I'm a busy woman! ! ! Last week I was in Houston for the International Quilt Festival. Lot's of beatuiful quilts to see. These two are a couple of my favorites.


On my design wall right now -





This is not a black and white picture - the quilt is black, white and gray. I'm loving it and will be sure and post a picture of the completed project.


Besides quilting, I've been knitting using a loom. This started out as a project with my friend to make tiny little hats for the local hospital NICU. I decided it would be fun to make them for the grandkids since this year I am NOT making pajamas. (sorry girls). So after making a few, I thought the ones for the girls needed a little something extra - so some fun, felt flowers (try saying that 10 times real fast!) were added - this is the final result.



2 comments:

  1. I seriously thought that those were black and white pictures! That is until I remembered that you told me you were making a black/white/grey quilt for JandR. I LOVE it!! It's awesome! And those hats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete