"Memories are like a patchwork quilt...each section is sewn together, to be wrapped around us for comfort and warmth in the years to come."

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl

I've been asked to teach a quilt class to a group of young ladies at Church. Most of them have never pieced a quilt before, so I like to pick something easy. This pattern is called "Chip Off the Old Block". It's a jelly roll quilt and makes up very fast and easy. This picture is one I did with that pattern using a jelly roll from JoAnne's Fabric. I made it for a good friend of mine who is having a baby girl next month. I loved the way it turned out, I wish my pictures were better though.
I had some fun with my new AccuQuilt and did a little subtle applique on one corner - notice the flowers?

No comments:

Post a Comment